Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Proud Moment

Today I saw something that absolutely took my breath away.  I pick up Duncan each day from his school in Phoenix.  It has been one of the nicest part of my day and I have enjoyed the time he and I spend together during the drive home.  Duncan is unique and extremely loving and kind.  He is also full of energy and has a great imagination and a great sense of humor.  Most of you know that he has severe dyslexia and when he left Highland Park he was reading at a second grade level.  The change of schools where they actually worked to help Duncan learn to read and with the love and encouragement from his parents he has slowly moved forward in that struggle.  By the way--he is a math whiz!  When I was waiting out front of the school for him he came out of the gate reading a book!  He was so engaged that he bumped into a couple of people.  I didn't think I would ever see something that would mean so much but today that happened and it touched my heart.  Way to go Duncan!  

The book he was reading was a story about a Irish family in Nazi Germany who were actually spying for England.  It was interesting and Duncan can tell you all about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment