Sunday, November 26, 2017

New Floors!

It has been a little busy at Grandpa and Grandma's house.  I have to continually remind myself that I am not 29 years old any more!  After this my knees have been reminding me of that every single day--and they keep saying, "we are 99!"  When we moved into our house just over a year ago I took some of the money left over and bought laminate flooring with the thought that Andy would put them in when he had some extra time.  Joke was on me because he is so busy that the year has gone and the flooring was still waiting in the sun-room.  About three weeks ago our newest neighbors had new flooring put in their house and so I asked the contractor doing it to give me the cost of putting the flooring in our house.  The cost was so much less than I had anticipated that I asked him to put us on his schedule.  I then got busy and took off all the baseboard in the rooms where the laminate was going in.  I removed nails, washed the baseboards and then repainted them.  In one day the floors were done and looked so beautiful I was ready to cry!  I then started putting baseboards back in and was in agony by the time the last one was installed--but it was so worth a little discomfort.  I told Angela that I finally feel like we have a clean house.  Although Andy didn't do it he has done so much to help us this past year that I have nothing to complain about.  Before to much longer I will show you the new back-splash he is putting in our kitchen!


Thanks Ellis & Andy for
moving the furniture!
The floor guys were exceptional
and FAST!





Finished Project!  Now the sun-room!


No comments:

Post a Comment