Saturday, March 31, 2018

Oh Yes!!

Early arrivers at the Saturday afternoon session at the Conference Center
This morning we had the opportunity to participate in a Solemn Assembly to sustain our new Prophet, Russell M. Nelson.  When the process began they go through each quorum or group.  When they asked the women of the Church to stand I was so excited to stand and join with others to say Yes! by raising my hand.  I have said it many times and will continue to say that every good thing that has happened in my life came as a result of my membership in the Church.

Elder Anderson talked about the process and said, "Our raised hands were counted in Heaven."  He taught us that President Nelson's selection to serve was made long ago.  He also said that the Prophet is to teach us of the Savior and how to follow Him.  Elder Anderson said the Savior called President Nelson to be a Watchman on the tower and to remind us how to have spiritual safety in perilous times.  President Nelson will ask us to change, repent and return to the Savior.  I will try hard to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment