Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Quilting Lesson #1!

I have been quilting for years and I really enjoy it but quilting by hand got to be more than I wanted to do because my fingers were basically useless for a week afterwards.  I wanted to learn how to quilt on the sewing machine and when we moved here I found two quilt tops I had put together before our mission.  I would try my hand at it.  I learned some things that I think are good life lessons and wanted to share them with you.

Learn from others who know how!  How hard could it be to sew a quilt together with a sewing machine?  Not that easy I found out.  Although the quilt looked passable I knew it should be better.  I did my second one and again I didn't improve and the quilt left much to be desired.  So I decided that maybe I should look on Pinterest and see if there were tips.  There were--lots of them!
If I would have started doing it with instructions and tips my quilting project would have been so much better from the beginning.

That is how life is.  There is so much available to make our journey in life less fraught with mistakes if we will acknowledge we don't know everything and second guessing ourselves through life doesn't always prove to be a great way to learn.  Each of you have parents who can share with you what they have learned that might help you course correct before you are climbing out of a hole you put yourself in.  If you haven't figured it out yet each of you have parents who are your biggest cheerleaders and parents who love you unconditionally.  Rely on them to help you through any challenge that you face.  Remember that Heavenly Father put a Prophet and apostles on the earth right now to help us make this journey.  He did it from the beginning and he continues to give us guidance through them because he wants us to choose the right and eventually return to live with Him.  He also provided a Savior so that when mistakes are made there is a way for redemption.  It is never to late to course correct!  Lastly, read the directions.  The Bible and the Book of Mormon gives us directions of what we need to do.  In them you see example after example of people who made good choices and those who did not.  Take time to read from the scriptures each day and talk to Heavenly Father and share with him how you feel, what you need, and what you will do so you can have a guided life.  The end results will be so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment