Sunday, July 14, 2019

Quilts

I wanted to share the latest quilts I have made.  I found an organization to donate them to!  Bill had sent me a link for humanitarian services available through the church.  In the process I saw on the Church website Just Serve.  You type in your area code and they give you a list or programs that are requesting help.  I was able to find a program called Hushabye Nursery.  This program is an intermediate residential medically observed recovery center in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome.  It was founded due to the emerging crisis of substance abused infants.  This was close to my heart after having Brooke Palmquist here with three of her sisters' children who were addicted to drugs when they were born and now Brooke has adopted them.  The co-founder also said they need twin sized quilts for the caregivers who stay with the babies at night so I am going to try to make some of those in the coming months.  Tomorrow I will drop off 12 baby quilts.  I am so excited!





No comments:

Post a Comment