Friday, December 20, 2019

The New Testament

Tonight I finished reading the New Testament.  I have especially loved the things I learned this time.  I am always reminded when I read the scriptures that there is so much to be learned and to truly enjoy the messages we have to spend time reading them on a regular basis.  During my time of studying the New Testament this time I was especially appreciative of the writings of Paul.  It is such a reminder to me that when God calls he qualifies.  None of us need ever believe that we are beyond redemption.  Good things come to those who are willing to ponder the words of the prophets and apostles.  As I read each chapter and verse I became so sure that God didn't leave us without prophets and apostles in our day just as he left prophets and apostles when he returned to live with His Father.  I know that President Nelson is a living prophet on the earth today as are the apostles who have been called and ordained to serve with him.

I am so grateful for these wonderful scriptures that many have sacrificed even their lives to make it possible for us to have them.  They should be treasured, read and reread often.

No comments:

Post a Comment