Sunday, February 23, 2020

New Career Path

I think Grandpa is going in a new direction with his career path.  It started in public administration, and in his 50's he switched to education.  Lately I am seeing an inkling of his future career.  Grandpa thinks he needs to be an interior designer!  Grandpa has been a wanderer as his Alzheimer's has progressed.  Now he's added a new twist.  On his travels around the house he picks various objects up and relocates them throughout the house.  This morning I went in our bedroom and found that he thinks one of our decorations looked better on the bed.  He has a need to challenge my skills as a detective when I can't find a dish or something that he has confiscated and moved somewhere else in the house.  I have to admit that it does bring a smile to my face when I happen upon his latest decorating trend!  The only drawback though is I am dealing with an increase in breakage in our inventory!  The mind is a magnificent creation and even when it slowly shuts down there is an incredible reminder that in spite of the losses there will always be a glimmer of hope and a reminder that there is amazing joy is the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment