Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A Treasure

In sorting through various materials in my closet I came upon some envelopes in one of the boxes.  In them I found a number of treasures.  Old report cards from when I was in elementary school, the original telegram that was sent to my dad telling him that your great Uncle Bill was born.  A number of pictures of my parents I had never seen before.  I also found three pictures that I thought would be interesting to those of you who have gone with me to South Mountain.  I wanted them to see what your Great Granddad did when he worked with the CCCs (Civilian Conservation Corp).  I had seen the one with me and my Granddad Lambert but not the three here.  Meg, Uncle Andy and Uncle Ben can tell you it looks much different than it did when it was first developed. 

(L to R) My dad, me, my mom, and my Grandad

(L to R) My dad and my grandfather, Marion Franklin Lambert

To the right is me up on my dad's shoulder!

No comments:

Post a Comment