Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Doctor's Appointment

I had two choices.  I could follow a Facebook post and stick peeled garlic pieces in my ears or I could go to a doctor and find out why I was dealing with the constant buzzing in my ears.  I chose the doctor because I hate how my hands smelled when I peel garlic.  I called yesterday and had an appointment this afternoon.  The doctor was very nice and I am so proud to tell you that unlike my visits with Grandpa's doctors I didn't cry.  WOO HOO!!  The first thing he did was check for ear wax which I had none and then he scheduled a hearing test with an audiologist.  She was in the office so it was done right away.  As a result I know now that I have beginning hearing loss. It's worse in my left ear. He said I won't need hearing aids for a while but eventually that will be required.  As for the buzzing in the ear he explained that there was nothing he could do to help with that.  He said I could have some white noise like a fan which might deaden the noise but there is no medication that will stop it.  Even though I was hoping for a simple fix I'm grateful to know that this new aspect of my life is something I need to deal with and learn from.     

No comments:

Post a Comment