Sunday, April 18, 2021

Thank You

A year ago today Grandpa passed away.  I want to recognized how blessed I was to have him in my life.  

Thank you Scott for leaving me with so many good memories of our time together.  A day never goes by that I don't think of you and sometimes I shed a few tears because I miss you so much.  I read a quote from Princess Anne about her father's passing and it was exactly how I have felt.  She said, "You know it's going to happen but you are never really ready."  For the past year I have gone to the cemetery and told Grandpa about my week and all the amazing things our grandkids and children are doing.  I shed some tears and then drive away.  The last few times I have been there I keep being reminded that he is not there.  Today when I leave church I am going to the temple.  I will sit in my car and thank Grandpa for loving me enough to take me to the temple where we were sealed for time and for eternity.  This summer we would have celebrated our 50th anniversary and I must say it was a wonderful adventure.  I miss you Scott but I am so grateful for the time we had together and the love that we shared.   

No comments:

Post a Comment