Saturday, September 11, 2021

Happy Birthday Lincoln!

 20 Years Old

It is hard to believe that two decades have passed since that fateful day when we saw evil at
it's worst and yet for our family we saw love at it's best when you were born.  You have a serious nature and are often a man of a few words but when you open up I am always touched by how significant the things you say are.  In spite of dealing with chemo-therapy medications and other health issues that you have, you have kept moving forward Lincoln.  I am proud of that because I sometimes forget that you are dealing with big issues but you never complain.  I wish you would have been able to complete your missionary service but have been awed by how you continued to serve when you came home.  There are three young men who are in the mission field right now because you accepted the assignment from your Bishop to help them understand the importance of serving.  You stepped up and helped them get ready to finish what you had started.  I look forward to the next decade where many decisions will alter the course of your life.  You can do great things Lincoln.  I don't doubt that I will be impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment