Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Fire Alarm

Just as we were finishing up dinner last night the fire alarm began blaring.  I kept thinking that if there was a real fire we are going to have to find a hotel.  I know that wasn't rational but I wasn't worried about clothes or computers.  I just wanted to know where to sleep!  Kind of fortunately, some little ruffian had pulled the fire alarm so we were only outside in the snow for about 40 minutes while the firemen checked everything out.
An interesting side note to this story was that while we were outside the Elders came back from the library. They had walked down there because they weren't allowed to drive anywhere because of the snow storm. They decided they would hike over to the library and check their emails.  I saw them leave about 11:30 and both of them were carrying snow shovels.  I thought that was funny but figured they had a reason.  While we were outside at 6:00 they came walking up.  I asked how the library was and what took so long.  Elder Jensen got a big grin on his face and said, "It was great--we were able to help over 19 people get their cars out of the snow as we walked to the library."  These young missionary are so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment