Friday, June 26, 2015

All the Light We Cannot See

It has been a long long time since I did a post of a book that I read and there was a reason.  I didn't enjoy this book but kept trudging through it thinking that it would become as enjoyable for me as it was for the people who had written reviews.  The book was written by Anthony Doerr and it was a Pulitzer Prize winner.  For me it wasn't a winner and by the end I was mad at myself because I kept reading it.  I should tell you that Scott read it and thought it was great so it was just me!  The story had two characters that we follow throughout-a German boy who was brought into World War II because of his special ability fixing radios and a French girl who goes blind when she is young.  Throw in the mix a supposedly magical gem and the French resistance and you pretty much have the basics.  I guess this just wasn't my kind of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment