Sunday, June 28, 2015

Missionary Moments #43--June 28, 2015

It has been raining since about 8:00 p.m. last night and I have all the windows and sliding glass door open to enjoy the sounds and the feel of the cool air.  I realized this week that we have only had about 3 days this summer when the temperature has been in the 80s.  When I hear about the temperature in Arizona, California, and Utah I feel quite grateful! Scott and I were very excited this week because we broke our capturing record again and we took over 12,000 pictures which is 2,000 over the goal we had set just a few months ago.  We now have 32 boxes left before we have completed the county we are working in.  We do about 1 1/2 boxes a day so our goal to finish by the end of July seems very possible. Scott has been recovering from a summer cold which has frustrated him to no end.  He has gone through two boxes of Kleenex but I think we see the light at the end of the tunnel as his coughing and sniffing are much better.  Other than that we have been so grateful for good health and fortunately we only missed one day of work since we came here when I had my gallbladder taken out.  We definitely count our blessings each day as we head to work.

Yesterday we visited downtown Concord to participate in a street fair they were having.  There were booths of every kind and people everywhere.  There has been an ongoing project to redo Main Street Concord and I suspect they have encountered many problems as they proceeded because although it was suppose to be done by now it isn't and they had to do some make shift fixes so the scheduled activity could go on.  When the area is completed I know it will look great.  From Concord we drove to Manchester to check out their downtown area. Although Concord is the state capitol it is about half the size of Manchester.  We enjoyed seeing the area and from there we headed to Nashua where we enjoyed our lunch at Chick-fil-a.  It is worth the drive just to have their chicken nuggets and for Scott the peach milkshake!  The rest of the day I worked on putting the finishing touches on the Sunday School lesson for today. 

The news on Friday was disappointing to say the least but by the end of yesterday I resolved to replace my fear with my faith and move forward.  So grateful for the efforts of so many (such as Bill and our church leaders) who tried hard to help people understand what this meant.  Now it is time for all of us to double our efforts in teaching our children correct principles and courage to deal with the challenges that are ahead of them.  With the great parents they have, our grandchildren will have a definite advantage.  Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment