Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Fathers Day!

Yesterday we had the privilege of being with Andy and Angela when Andy laid his hands on Perry's head and gave him a fathers blessing.  Perry will start at BYU tomorrow and then in the fall submit his paperwork to serve a mission.  Last week I talked to Ben who told me about going golfing with Miriam the week before and how much they enjoyed the time together.  Earlier in the week I talked to a tired Christian who took time from his job to take care of the kids while Amy went to girls camp in Payson.  I have watched Bill as he serves his family with enthusiasm and delight.

I have been thinking about my father and Scott's father in preparation for writing a blog about Father's Day and I remembered with pride what hard working men they were.  They were raised in the depression era and knew how to work really hard but learning to play was not in their nature.  In spite of that they both raised sons and daughters who knew how to work and fortunately learned how to enjoy life and time with their children.  Now we have the privilege of seeing our sons and son in law emulate fatherhood in every good way.  All four of these men love their children and never hesitate to tell them so.  So proud of them and so grateful that our grandchildren are being raised by such fine men.

May I say to my sweet companion that although he isn't my father that I have loved his efforts as he learned to enjoy being a father.  I still remember looking out the window of our house in Kingman, Arizona and seeing him marching around the back yard playing an imaginary instrument and Bill, Andy, and Ben marching triumphantly behind.  He didn't spend much time talking with his dad when we grew up but he grabbed every opportunity he could to talk with his children.  He is an amazing man and I believe he has shown himself to be a wonderful father.  Happy Fathers Day boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment