Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hill Cumorah Pageant

I took this picture from our seats.  We went early and saved them
before we went into Palmyra for lunch.
I'm sorry I lost our camera because I had some great pictures of our day in Palmyra and at the pageant that evening.  Fortunately I had taken three pictures with my cell phone but that is it.  I have been to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Arizona Temple which is great but this program was truly amazing.  We had lunch in a diner on Main Street and then did the tour of the Grandin Publishing Company.  We drove around to various other sites which we had seen when we visited the first time but much of our day was spent at the pageant area.  We didn't mind that much of the time it was raining because we had a great time visiting with other early occupants of the seats around us.  The local Lion's Club was having a fund raiser and we were able to have a BBQ chicken dinner before the program began.  The food was great.  Once dinner was over the rain began to fall.  We both had rain slickers and our umbrella so we just sat and enjoyed it until the program started.  About an hour before the program the rain stopped and then we just enjoyed the whole experience.  I wish all of you could have come. The program was so well done. The costumes were amazing and just the number of people who were performing was astounding.  

 The program took us through the Book of Mormon highlighting several of the wonderful experiences that are in it.  My favorite was the vision of the Tree of Life and the story of the building of the ship.
Amazing!  The enthusiasm of the cast definitely could be felt by all of us.  We loved visiting with them before the program began.

No comments:

Post a Comment