Saturday, April 27, 2019

At Last

President Nelson asked  each member of the Church to read the Book of Mormon and I am proud albeit embarrassed to say I did it!  I was doing really well and planned to be finished by Christmas but when I fell and broke my shoulder everything was put back.  I have to admit that this particular reading has been exceptionally enlightening for me and I have loved reading it.  I set out a time each evening after Grandpa goes to bed which has provided me with so much peace and has really helped me when I am so drained.  Elder Richard G. Scott said, "As you dedicate time every day...to the study of God's word, peace will prevail in your life."  I can honestly say that his promise has proven to be true for me.  I have gained so much insight and direction.  I have received answers to questions that I have been thinking about and I have experienced a wonderful sense of accomplishment because I have made this such an important part of my daily life.

Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.  Moroni 10:3-4 
I am so happy because I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I KNOW!!  And now I will read the New Testament.  I am so excited!    

No comments:

Post a Comment