Monday, April 8, 2019

Conference Weekend

Conference Bingo
In all honesty my two favorite weekends of the year are in October and April!  I love conference weekend.  It is a time I feel like my bucket get refilled and many thoughts, questions, answers, and ideas come to me as I listen to the leaders of the church speak.  It reminds me of the love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us because he continues to send prophets and apostles to lead and guide us in a difficult world.

Another great blessing of these weekends is a tradition we started years ago with our California Duncans.  They would join us on Sunday morning for breakfast before conference and a lunch before the second session began.  When Grandpa wasn't sick your cousins and Uncle Andy would go on a walk.  I still remember the boys and Ava coming back with various things they found along the way.  Since moving to Arizona we had the opportunity to enjoy a breakfast and lunch with the Whitney's.  It was wonderful to have them here and fun to watch the various activities they were able to do while they participated in the conference talks.  Aunt Amy does a great job of having special activities and treats to sweeten the day.  Sorry the pictures aren't the best.  This house has such wonderful light but it is hard on picture taking!

Teenage Chill


Ruth writing in her Conference Notebook

Enjoying some cuddles

Between session 

Playing with clay

Entertaining us all with his faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment