Sunday, December 12, 2021

Hanukkah 2021!

I had such a good time putting together a Hanukkah dinner for the Whitney's this year.  I think mostly because it brought back some wonderful memories of the years past dinners even before grandkids came.  After so many years I am definitely working out some of the chinks!  I made a substitution on my Israeli fruit platter this year and instead of dates I used dried apricots but all the rest of the fruit remained the same.  Instead of challah bread  I did a star of David using Rhodes Rolls.  A special treat was Jane playing on her Cello The Sabbath Prayer from Fiddler on the Roof with Ruth, Aunt Amy, and Uncle Christian singing the words. It was really a special addition to the dinner.  The brisket was perfect, the latkes were crisp, and the company was wonderful!  




By the way--make sure you have matches if you are going to light the menorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment