Monday, January 1, 2024

Fear Not--I am with Thee!

This  year I had the opportunity to read the New Testament, twice and the Book of Mormon, twice.  When I finished I decided I needed to read the Old Testament.  Believe me it isn't the first time that I read the Old Testament and I would be lying if I said my mind didn't occasionally wander but I made a commitment to myself to read it again and I am so glad I did.  It must be my age because I kept breaking out in song with all the references in the scriptures that have become wonderful hymns that we often sing.  For me the greatest reminder I received was that God is in charge and He means business.  His love is most manifest in the sacrifice of His Son and our Savior so that we can again come in His presence.  As I read Job this time I was so touched by Job's testimony.  Oh to be so strong!  Each story I read I felt like there was a clarity that I had never experienced before.  Maybe reading the Book of Mormon and the New Testament twice made that happen!  I think the greatest thing that continually ran through my mind is the knowledge that we don't need to panic no matter what is ahead because our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ said to each of us--Fear Not, I am with Thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment