Monday, January 1, 2024

New Year's Resolution

Happy New Year!  I am so excited to begin again an exciting new year full of opportunities and adventures.  I put away my year end notebook of goals that I worked on through the last year and spent yesterday preparing my 2024 notebook that I hope to fill with wonderful things.  My theme (thanks to Annt Angela!) is to Cultivate Connections with the Savior, Family, Friends, and the Community.   I added one more section to my goals for the year--Acknowledgeing and and Expressing Gratitude.  Each night before I get ready to say my evening prayers I will list the things that happened that day that I am grateful for.  All morning the thoughts of things I'm grateful for have come to my mind.  I suspect my challenge will be narrowing my list!  

Elder Wirthlin taught, "Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things, like the scent of rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of your loved one's voice."  I agree completely and hope that I am able to recognize the most simple to the most exceptional experiences I have each day.  I have been saving quotes on Pinterst and plan to share one of them each week to help all of us remember the importance of gratitude.  

I would also like to invite each of you to join me this year in recognizing gratitude.  In thanking those around us that provide love, support and service.  I learned much about kindness when I cared for Grandpa and came to recognize that even the smallest recognition from others in talking with Grandpa or me made all the difference in my life.   We are living in difficult times with much uncertainty but we never can forget that Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ know the ending and that knowledge should be worth celebrating each day.  How grateful I am for each of you, for the gospel that has always made my life better, and for the opportunities to help others feel loved and needed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment