Wednesday, January 3, 2024

I Smiled

On Sunday I finished reading the Old Testament.  I had to smile as I got to the last chapter of Malachi because at the close of the verse in capital letters it said--THE END OF THE PROPHETS.  For the Old Testament that was true, but how grateful I am that in the New Testament we see the birth and ministry of the Savior and his call to humble men to be   Apostles and carry the work forward when the Savior was no longer among them.  And in the Book of Mormon another set of Prophets and Apostles we called to serve when the Savior visited the American continent.  And it has continued with the knowledge that God didn't shut the door and leave us without inspired counsel by a Prophet and Apostles to lead us in these latter-days.  How grateful and I am that we are still being lead by President Russell M. Nelson who leads all of us to be better and do better.  Along with him we are given additional guidance to follow from apostles called to serve with President Nelson.  How grateful I am that we have not come to the end of the prophets!

No comments:

Post a Comment