Sunday, January 7, 2024

Good News--I Was Sick!

I spent most of Saturday feeling sick but not sure what it was.  I first thought that I had hurt myself while hanging pictures and going up and down the step ladder to many times to adjust and readjust.  By bedtime I was really feeling terrible and finally at 11:30 I texted Uncle Christian and asked if he could come over and take me to the hospital emergency room.  I had taken some ibuprofen about 11.  Once at the hospital the pain was a 10 and I was shaking.  After blood work, urine samples, and an MRI the doctor came in and told me there was a small kidney stone that was working it's way through my body.  Pathetically, I was so glad that I was really sick!  So six hours later I was home and with the help of some medication the doctor prescribed I am definitely on the mend.  Hope this is the only drama my body produces but at least this time it wasn't nothing!  A special thanks to Uncle Christian who refused to leave me at the door and come back when I called him.  He is a gifted and kind caregiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment