Sunday, January 24, 2016

Missionary Moments #73--Jan 23, 2016

We had a great week appreciating all the blessings that come when you are serving the Lord. Although we didn't get to hear Perry speak in Church for his farewell we heard that it went well. He flew out of Ontario on Wednesday morning and then caught a shuttle to the MTC once he arrived in Salt Lake.  The best news came when he emailed his mom "I'm Alive!"  It sounds like he is already enjoying the wonderful experience that you have once you walk into the world of daily feasting on the Word.  We are proud of Perry and don't doubt he will be a great missionary.  

We have been busy in the archives and although we are continually prepping documents we are moving the documents through the camera so fast that it is hard to stay ahead.  We love each week when the missionaries come in and serve because they always get us about two boxes ahead.  I mentioned to Scott that I have started seeing a lot of guardianships for people who have been declared insane.  I'm not sure why we hadn't seen any before since we are already into the N's in the alphabet.  We have 16 boxes and have already opened and prepped five of those.  It will make me feel much better if we leave with all of those boxes emptied and the images of each document done.  As of yesterday we have one month before we start driving home so we are working hard to make that happen.  

It has been interesting to see the weather reports.  Compared to last year it has been a lovely winter for us.  I don't mind the snow but all the other things that go with snow can be a bit daunting.  I am sure this summer we will be absolutely dying from the heat and won't need a coat again when winter hits California.  It is amazing to me how our bodies adapt to our circumstances.  We all know what storm is coming long before it hits in relation to the weather.  It makes me admire our ancestors who had to say "come what may and love it!"  

As you can tell we are staying really close to home.  We want to go to Connecticut but each weekend we have had something going on or the weather was a little iffy.  At this point our big weekend trip is to go to Nashua to enjoy our Chick-fil-a.  I have started separating what stays and what goes and I am feeling a little panicked because I know more is going home than came with us and I just hope the back of our Edge can hold everything.   It is similar to our mission experience because believe me we are taking home so much more than we came with as far as our testimony and faith goes.  It has been a truly joyful journey.  Have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment