Friday, January 19, 2018

Annoying

There are definitely personality changes that happens when a person has Alzheimer's Disease.  Scott started doing something that is driving me nuts!  He has become fixated on pointing out every "beautiful" (as he describes them) woman he sees.  I am often embarrassed when we are in a store and he loudly proclaims how beautiful he thinks someone is.  Let's just hope that some spouse or boyfriend doesn't hear him or we may be in big trouble.  I have a new computer and I put a picture of our kids and their spouses that was taken when we were all quite a bit younger.  He came in one morning and saw it and exclaimed, "Who are those beautiful women?!"  I turned around and said, "they are your daughters!"  I think this new annoying habit is bugging me because as I pointed out to Ellis recently that my grandma used to say all the time, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear!"  I've been feeling much like the sows ear lately and this new found change in personality is weighing heavy on me.  Fortunately when I told Ellis what my grandma use to say he said, "Grandma, you are a silk purse!"  Grandchildren are the best--thank you Ellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment