Thursday, January 17, 2019

Angels

After the fall my ability to take care of myself, let alone Scott ended.  I am in awe of how quickly the people I love stepped in and filled the void of my disability.  The first two weeks were truly agonizing because the pain level was so high.  I basically went from the bed to the couch.  Getting up and down was a major task.  It seems so long ago but tomorrow will be six weeks.   The first night after the accident Christian spent the night with us and then Bill and Bev came and spent the week.  They left and Bill, Bruce, and Abby came for the week.  When they left Bill and Bev were here.  Bev cleaned, cooked, encouraged, and loved and encouraged Scott when I didn't have the strength to.  The following week Andy and Angela and family were here for us.  At that point I thought I could probably do it on my own but Bill and Bev again stepped up and managed to get us through another week.  They left on Wednesday and Bill and Meg came.  Through this whole process Christian and Amy were continually here helping, feeding, and serving.  How can I ever thank all of them?  So many scriptures come to mind about those who serve others.  Scott and I have been the recipient of unconditional love and I am eternally grateful for their kindness.  I plan to get back into our daily routine without people here in the coming week.  The best part is that if I can't do it my angels will be close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment