Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Meg is Going on a Mission!

Another of our grandchildren has accepted the call to serve!  Margaret Joy (our Meg!) will be assigned as a service missionary.  She received the call but where she will actually do her service is yet to be determined.  She will be meeting with the Stake President and they will work with the missionary department on her assignments.  She will complete her semester at BYU before she begins. As a service missionary she will be living at home and going to her assigned area each day.  Once her mission is complete she plans to return to BYU.  I thought of my mom (your great-grandmother) when I was talking to Meg.  One of her favorite hymns was I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go.  They sung it at my brothers mission farewell and she loved it from then on.  The message is one of commitment, acceptance, desire, and love of our Savior.  Meg has everything she needs to complete her mission with honor.


It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle’s front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I’ll go where you want me to go.

I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I’ll be what you want me to be

No comments:

Post a Comment