Sunday, February 24, 2019

Scripture Study

This morning I read something I had never noticed before but it really struck me as significant.  I wanted to share it with all of you.  My study right now is in the Book of Mormon.  I just finished Helaman where I read about the birth of Jesus Christ and the positive affect it had on the Lamanites and Nephites.  But within a short period of time it tells us that "Satan did get great hold upon the hearts of the people upon all the face of the land." (Helaman 16:23)   As I continued to read in 3rd Nephi 2:29-30 I was struck by the following; "And there was also a cause of much sorrow among the Lamanites; for behold, they had many children who did grow up and began to wax strong in years, that they became for themselves, and were led away by some who were Zoramites, by their lyings and their flattering words, to join those Gadianton robbers.  And thus were the Lamanites afflicted also, and began to decrease as to their faith and righteousness, because of the wickedness of the rising generation."  I know that became for themselves meant that they were old enough to be on their own, but the thought came to me that the Book of Mormon was written for our times.  The lessons of the Book of Mormon are to help us maneuver through the challenges that will come in the last days before the return of the Savior.  With that idea in my mind that phrase had a different meaning.  How careful we need to be that our pride doesn't blind us to the Truth.  We all need to be to vigilant and not be lead away by  those who want to destroy our faith in Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment