Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Love Notes

This evening Aunt Amy and Ruth stopped by to give Grandpa some love notes for his birthday.  I loved them and wanted to share them with you.

From Eden:  I am sorry Grandpa fell down.
From Graham--I like to share M&Ms with Grandpa.  I like to help grandpa.













From Duncan--I missed Grandpa without old timers but he's always Grandpa.  Happy Birthday Grandpa








From Jane--Happy Birthday Grandpa!  I love you!  I loved it when you would read to me and you wore the most awesome glasses!  Thank you!




From Ruth--I remember grandpa holding my little hand in his big, strong one.  I remember seeing him dressed up in Sunday clothes and sitting next to me in the congregation.  I remember walking with him to the park, and how he watched me as I slid down the slide.  I remember sitting next to him on the couch.  I liked it when he read to me.  I remember him reading me a chapter of Harry Potter, and I begged him to read more until he relented.  I remember Grandpa sitting at the head of the table and offering a prayer for dinner.  He was strong and tall, and he exuded compassion and faith.  I love Grandpa and I can't wait until I can see him again in heaven, and feel him hug me again.  Happy Birthday, Grandpa!
                                                                                                  From Lincoln--One thing I love about Grandpa is that he is my friend.  I remember him taking me bird watching, going on walks with me, and reading me Harry Potter.  One particular memory that I really cherish is one time he took me to the Riparian Preserve and we had a really great time.  As we walked he told me stories.  I remember that he would always call me Buddy and I always felt special when I was around him because of how Christlike he was.  He was always very kind.  Another thing I remember is that he loved to do yard work and I would go out with him with a rake and try my best to work with him.  He was a really hard worker and a great example.  I want to be like him.  I love Grandpa and I can't wait to see him and talk with him again when he is free of his terrible disease.






From Amy--My dad was a man of faith.  As a child I saw him reading the scripture often.  He was also a man of service.  He spent many hours working on his church callings.  He was a man of great intellect.  He spent hours upon hours reading to me as a child and reading to my children when he had the opportunity.  I remember he read Les Miserables with me and it is still one of my favorite books.  He was always looking for something new to read and he read books from many different genres.  My father was a hard worker.  He would come home from work and head out to work in the yard.  He was never in sweats and never sat around resting until he got Alzheimer's disease  I think he taught our family to love to learn and to love living the principles of the gospel.  It is hard to watch him suffer with Alzheimer's disease but I know he will be free and comfortable in paradise teaching everyone he can about the gospel of Jesus Christ that he lived while he had the ability to live it on this earth.  When I read about people having the Savior's image on their countenance I think I know what that means because of my Dad.  I am so grateful that he will be free of suffering and limitations and that he will be where he belongs with his family in a future day.  I love you dad, Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment