Friday, April 3, 2020

X-ray!

Poor Grandpa has had another challenge.  Earlier this week he fell.  He seemed fine and was able to get up pretty easy so I didn't think much about it.  The next day I noticed his knee was red and swollen.  Through the week it has gotten harder and harder for him to move about and this morning he was in so much pain I called the nurse.  After checking everything out and taking pictures of his knee and some other bruising on his inner thigh the doctor wanted an x-ray taken.  Within an hour a mobile x-ray technician showed up and took several pictures of his knee.  I was pleasantly surprised how well grandpa handled the whole thing and now we will wait and see what happens next.  I couldn't see anything in the pictures he took but I'm certainly not an expert!  Every days an adventure!

Update:  Got a call from the nurse and there is nothing broken!  Just have to try and keep him off of it and let the swelling go down.  While here she did talk to the doctor about the edema in his feet and he is starting on medicine for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment