Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Road Kill

When driving alone you do many things to keep yourself alert and aware of things around you.  On this trip I counted road kill!  Believe it or not it was an interesting activity.  From Colorado to Utah and then back to Arizona I saw 7 deer, 2 coyotes, 1 lion (not sure what kind but it had the coloring of a lion in Africa which I knew wasn't possible--but it sure looked similar to that).  I saw a black cat of some sort but it was about the size of a coyote.  There was one bird lying on the side of the road with another bird standing by it not knowing what to do.  I smelled a dead skunk long before I saw his mashed body on the road.  I also saw about 4 smaller animals that I couldn't identify.  As morbid as this sounds it was a greater activity to keep me alert and grateful that I hadn't hit any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment