Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Thanks Great Uncle Bill!

Just before I left on the trip to Colorado I got a call from my brother Bill telling me to be sure and take lots of bottled water in case I was stuck in the desert on the drive.  I did as he suggested and was grateful when I came upon a three car accident just south of Lake Powell.  The road was closed for almost 2 hours and so there I sat.  Three ambulances arrived, several highway patrolmen and a clean up crew got there about 25 minutes later,  At that time the people who were injured were taken to hospitals, the cars were dragged off the road, and the glass and other debris was cleaned up.  Fortunately, the temperature was in the low 80's or that would have been a very painful two hours!  I took a picture of one of the cars.  It is amazing that all the injuries were minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment