Sunday, September 18, 2022

On the Road

DOWN MEMORY LANE.  I have had a unique experience as I have been transporting people to appointments.  I still remember as a girl driving around Phoenix with my dad and he would point to a house or another building and say “I built that.”  I was so impressed with him!  Now so many years later I can’t remember any of the buildings he pointed out but whenever I am in Phoenix, I love driving down the road and all of the sudden saying to myself—that’s where I had my first job at a soda fountain, there is my high school.  There was my Elementary school.  Oh look, that is the house Kitty lived in when she married her third husband.  Hey, that’s the apartment Grandpa and I lived in when Bill was a baby.  There is Grandpa’s high school.  That building used to be a bar that Grandpa went into when he was a paperboy to collect money for the papers he delivered.  That’s the building Grandpa did an intern-ship in when he was working on his Master’s Degree in Public Administration.  There’s the building where I met grandpa for the first time when I went to a church dance in Phoenix.  The list goes on.  Although many of the buildings are worse for wear the memories are still clear and bright and make me smile each time I happen upon a place that played a significant part in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment