Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I'm a List Maker

I realized last night that making a to-do list is important to me--especially if I want to get anything done!  When I was younger and had a quiver of children it made perfect sense because everyone was going in different directions and I needed to stay focused.  During my years in the school district I lived each day checking my list each morning and then adding to it as the day progressed.  When I had church callings I kept my list up to date so I didn't forget anything and stayed ahead of upcoming events.  When I retired I started making my project list so I wouldn't waste my retirement which was so  exciting because I was doing things that I wanted to do.  Now we are on a mission (which was on my retirement project list!) and I have tried to ignore that yearning in me to have everything scheduled out.  How much can I do since we get up at the same time each morning, leave for work by 7:05 a.m. and then work until 3-3:30 each day and come home.  Our work consists of doing the same thing each day so a great deal of planning is not required to get things done.  My compromise to myself had been to make forms to keep us on task and organized and to maintain a record of our work.  Now a year into our mission I gave myself a pep talk about not wasting time and so before I headed to bed last night I made a to do list.  I feel so much better!  You may ask what would be on a to do list and I will respond,  LOTS OF THINGS!  I think there is something about marking through things that I just love and a to do list helps me meet that need.  Why am I telling you all about this--because it is on my to do list to get some posts of my blog!  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment