Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My Nutcracker Princess

 This week Meggie danced in the Nutcracker in Utah.  This wasn't the first time and I am pretty sure it won't be the last.  I have seen her dance a number of times and I have bragged that she has a special gift.  The biggest gift of all that Meggie has is dedication.  Being a ballerina isn't for the weak!  I loved the picture on the left which was taken pretty early into her dancing.  The one on the right was taken last week when she finished dancing.  We are going to the Boston Opera House to see the Nutcracker performed in December and I know that it will be impressive (so wish Meggie could go with us) but I also know it won't come close to making me feel the way Meggie did when I watched her perform the first time in her Nutcracker.

This year Meg is performing in both casts.  The first cast she is in the snowflake dance and in the second she will be a Spanish dancer.  She is the back half of the dragon in the Chinese dance.  She is also a demi-soloist in the Waltz of the Flowers and in her part she is the "flirty-fun one" (her words!).  What can I say--the girl's got talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment