Thursday, February 11, 2016

Gospel Gems

I got an email from Elder Duncan (aka-Perry) this week and Amy forwarded the latest email from Hermana Bryce (aka-Madi).  I loved recognizing the joy of serving as missionaries that they are both having.  I thought I would share a little from both of them.

Hermana Bryce..."We visited a 96 year old woman this week who is the oldest member in Riobamba.  She is the SWEETEST thing I have ever met in my entire life.  She reads in her Book of Mormon everyday. Every time we come to read with her she bears her testimony with tears in her eyes.  She loves the Gospel. She always leaves me with the love of Christ in my heart and a determination to bring other people her joy. She is living proof of enduring to the end.  She is truly converted to the gospel and lives it every way she can. I love her with all my heart and I can feel the love Heavenly Father has for her..."

Elder Duncan..."It's great to meet so many people.  Just about every one really loves God and Jesus, and a lot of people accept appointments to meet and teach them later....My first day here we saw a guy walking down the sidewalk across the street from our apartment and as we approached him he was like "uh oh, haven't I seen a play about this"?  As we talked to him he turned out to be really cool, and we set an appointment to meet him.  At that appointment we taught him about the restoration of the gospel and he was really receptive."

At this time there are over 74,000 missionaries serving all over the world.  Can you imagine the influence these wonderful missionaries have with the love they have for those they teach each day.  It is inspiring just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment