Sunday, May 20, 2018

Dear Meg!

Meggie--Taken years ago!
Today the Cinderella movie made in 2015 was on television.  It made me think of you!  While on our
mission I listened to a talk given by a woman who said she had a "spiritual preparedness box."  She said she put things in her box to remind her of the good things to help her deal with the inevitable challenges that would come in her life.  She collected talks that had special meaning to her and other things like that.  That afternoon when we left work I drove to Joann's in Concord and bought a box so I could also have a "spiritual preparedness box" and I began collecting things that could go into my box for things that might be ahead for me.  One of the items that went into my box was a letter I received from you while we were on our mission.  In your letter you wrote, "I have made a few changes in my life since going to Philmont and though none of them were huge they made a significant difference.  I love reading your letters and seeing through your eyes the miracles you get to witness every week.  One of the most significant things I have learned lately is that with hard work, determination, and with the Lords help we really can do anything.  I don't know if you have seen the new Cinderella movie that Disney came out with a few months ago but it is one of my all time favorites.  When I am having a bad day or am mad at someone I have to remind myself to "have courage, and be kind."  I'm sure you can see why I put your letter in my spiritual preparedness box!  Thank you my wise granddaughter.  You have shown me that good things come to those to get up and make it happen.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment