Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Projects

Indexing Delaware Marriage Records
I have worked on a couple of projects that involved family history.  One was putting together a wedding scrapbook for Rachel and Austin and I started indexing records again.  Right now I am working on marriage records from Delaware.  I read a quote that really made me realize how important preserving memories are and getting the information right.  I have been gathering documents of ancestors and found a birth certificate for Don Leta Crow.  In my records I had Don as a male but the birth certificate corrected that assumption for me and yesterday I was able to put the correct name which was Don Letha Crow and corrected her gender!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Elder Neuenschwander made the following statement, "A life that is not documented is a life that within a generation or two will largely be lost to memory.  What a tragedy this can be in a history of a family.  Knowledge of our ancestors shapes us and instills within us values that give direction and meaning to our lives."  I am grateful that I am able to preserve memories for our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment