Sunday, August 5, 2018

If You Give...

You have probably read a book or two about giving a Mouse a Cookie, a Moose a Muffin, a Dog a Donut, a Pig a Pancake, or a Cat a Cupcake.  Well I can now tell you what happens when you give an ant a cookie and it's not pretty!  I had a funny experience earlier in the week.  Grandpa had eaten his breakfast while I was at the computer paying bills.  When I got up and went to put the dishes away--there weren't there!  I looked on the counter, in the refrigerator, in the trash can, and in the pantry and laundry room trying to figure out where he might have stashed them.  From there I went through the house and sure enough his bowl, spoon, fruit cup container, napkin, and cup were neatly stacked together on the bathroom counter.  I had quite a chuckle over that.  The laugh was short lived yesterday when I went into the bathroom in the late afternoon and found a half eaten cookie sitting on the same counter.  Unfortunately, I wasn't the first to find it.  The head honcho ant must have called in reinforcements and they ALL came!  As I said earlier we do have ants but this was the convention of all conventions and they were fat and sassy.  At least they were until I swept the cookie into a trash can with countless ants to keep each other company and then (I'm sorry ants!) I pulled out the ant spray and made an end to the remaining varmints!  I don't mind ants but I draw the line when I see more than 5 at a time and then my nastiness comes out.  I will be very happy when the weather gets a little cooler and they all decide to stay outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment