Tuesday, August 21, 2018

My Daily Prayer

This morning after getting Grandpa dressed I put on one of my favorite CDs.  I love Anne Murray and the first song that came on was Lord I Hope This Day is Good.  This is my plea each morning, and each evening when I pray I express gratitude that we did have a good day.  I wanted to share the lyrics with each of you!

                Lord, I hope this day is good                      
I'm feeling empty like you know I would   
I should be thankful Lord I know I should 
But Lord I hope this day is good    
             
 I don't need fortune and I don't need fame
Send in the thunder Lord send down the rain
 But when your planning just how it will be
Plan a good day for me

                        Lord have you forgotten me                            
            I've been praying to you faithfully                  
              I'm not saying I've done all I can                    
            But Lord I know you'd understand                 

                                              You've been the King since the dawn of time
                                                   All that I'm asking is a little less crying
                                                      It might be hard for the devil to do
                                                           But it would be easy for you

No comments:

Post a Comment