Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Weather

You may think that Arizona is pretty boring on the weather front but I wanted to share these pictures so you can see what real weather looks like when it comes to Arizona.  On Friday night we had our haboob storm rear its ugly head.  (look up haboob if you think I made that up!)  It usually happens in places like Sudan but Arizona occasionally gets a surprise storm full of fury and dirt.  This particular storm brought in some violent wind that took it's toll on trees throughout our area.  As if that wasn't enough on Saturday night we had the wind, rain, and a thunder and lightning storm like nothing I had seen before.  It was amazing!  It came down hard and heavy for a solid 40 minutes and then the rain stopped but the thunder and lightening continued for another half an hour.  During the rain I sat on the bench by my front door and enjoyed the spectacle.  Often the rain was blowing sideways.  I have to admit that as the rain was coming down I took a few minutes to express my gratitude to Heavenly Father for sending us the much needed moisture.







No comments:

Post a Comment