Saturday, April 9, 2022

On the Road 5

Part 5 

Each day as I travel around the East Valley and Phoenix, I am amazed at how many places I have never been before and how changed many of the places are that I remembered when I was younger.  I picked up a young man on the Fort McDowell Indian Reservation and had never even known it existed.  I was struck by the beauty of the area.  Phoenix is definitely a little worse for wear and yet I always love being there.  When my mother came to live with us in California, after my dad died, her greatest wish was to be able to go back to Phoenix.  I always said I was glad to leave the heat of the valley and California was where I was meant to be.  When I brought Scott back to Arizona to live, before he passed away, I came with a new appreciation for its unique beauty that as a youth was lost on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment