Saturday, April 9, 2022

On the Road 6

Part 6  

In the coming time that I drive in my job I hope to share some of the experiences I have with the people that share my car with me.  In such a short time I have heard so many interesting things about people’s lives.  The man who spent 15 years in prison, the young man who was trying to kick a drug addiction.  His mother had a restraining order against him to keep him from coming around her and her daughter.  Another who had four siblings all with a different father and his alcoholic mother.  He told me how one night he was sound asleep she came in and started to beat him with the buckle end of a belt because he forgot to take out the trash.  I especially enjoyed a ride with a husband and wife.  He came here from Illinois and his wife was born and raised in Arizona.  He proceeded to tell me how much he hated Arizona and all the terrible things about living here.  His wife and I had a great time teasing him about learning to grow where you’re planted.  I had another lady with a prothesis on her right leg.  I had just picked her up after having it adjusted and she complained on the ride home that the doctor hadn’t put it on straight.  Each day is an adventure and each story fills me with wonder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment