Sunday, December 14, 2014

I Survived!

In case you don't know...the gallbladder is a small organ located near the liver.  It stores bile-which is a special fluid produced in the liver.  Your gallbladder releases the bile into your small intestine in order to break down fats and help digest your food. However, normal digestion is possible without a gallbladder. Now that you know that I will tell you about my surgery!  A week before entering the hospital I got a call giving me a list of things that I needed before reporting to the hospital on Friday.  That involved buying some loose fitting sweats and finding slip on shoes.  Success with both (in fact my new shoes are now my favorite shoes!)  Everything went well and the hospital and staff were wonderful to me and to Scott.  He sat patiently for several hours until I came out of recovering.  Once I was awake and dressed we headed home.  I was in a lot of pain on Friday but woke up Saturday morning feeling great.  Unfortunately, because of that, good judgment wasn't my friend and I was sure we could go to the store and buy a few groceries.  Everything was going well until I bent down to pick something up that had dropped and apparently tore one of my cuts which caused some bleeding.  I learned my lesson and we went home and I stayed down the rest of the day.  All is well.  I feel great and look forward to returning to work tomorrow.  Two more boxes of documents to digitize and we will get our next set of probate files!

No comments:

Post a Comment