Saturday, January 2, 2021

Blessing #28 of 30



Grandchildren are the best!  And one of my greatest blessings.  I read a book recently and one of the characters said that grandparents love to spoil their grandchildren.  She said grandparents do that  to make up to their children for being so busy making a living that they didn't spend enough time being with them.  I suspect there is some truth in that thought.  All I know is that spending time with each of you is the best times I remember.  Each of you are growing up so nicely!  I remember the awe I felt when I saw Rachel the first time.  It was like a light went on and I knew that I wanted to feel this way over and over again!  Twenty-one grandchildren later I still feel incredible satisfaction when I see any of you.   I wish all of you would have lived closer so we could have had more time together, but that wasn't to be.  In spite of that I have loved the times we could visit and the times you came and spent time with Grandpa and me.  I read a quote that said, "Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old."  I have to admit that growing old has been a pleasure because of each one of you!     

No comments:

Post a Comment