Monday, January 4, 2021

Blessing #30 of 30

Scott Louis Duncan.  I often say very sincerely that everything good in my life was because I became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  And marrying your Grandpa taught me the greatness of that gospel.  He was always on the straight and narrow path.  He had no desire to wander from it.  He never second guessed the counsel given by our prophets and apostles and he taught me how important that was.  I met grandpa at a church dance over 50 years ago.  Although we only danced a couple of times he remembered my name and what ward I was in.  He called me later to see if I would like to go "tubing" down the Salt River with him and some friends.  I'm still amazed that I said yes because I really didn't know more than his name and that he was a senior at BYU.  As you know the rest is history and here I am remembering the amazing man who gave me a wonderful life.  Grandpa was a hard worker.  He was a genius who married someone who definitely wasn't!  He never belittled me or made me feel stupid or ashamed.  His patience with everyone taught me so much.  He truly was a loving husband,  father, grandfather, and friend.  And I was blessed because he always loved me unconditionally.  Your grandpa's illness took away his ability to remember but I never forgot everything he meant to me.  What a privilege I had to take care of him and remind him often that he was going to be okay and that I loved him.  We will meet again and I will thank him for giving me a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment