Saturday, August 28, 2021

I'm Alive!!!


Before the Anesthesiologist put me out I reminded him that not only was he to put me to sleep but he was to make sure I woke up when this procedure was over.  I don't know if he smiled because he was wearing a mask but I was very serious!  I am not as young as I use to be.  With that thought I will brag a little. The nurse prepping me for the surgery was looking at my chart and told me that I was a "rock-star" for good health for my age.  I suspect she was more surprised that I could be so heavy and still be healthy.  I'll take it either way--I am a rock-star!  The surgery went well and my knee hurts like heck but I'm okay with that.  Apparently Percocet if not my friend and I didn't react well to it.  Unfortunately, Lincoln and Aunt Amy had to witness my body purging the poison!   I have decided I'd endure a little pain rather than a lot of nausea so I am now making Motrin my new best friend.  Since I do have a tendency to over-do I think a little discomfort will keep me resting my leg instead of showing off that I am just fine and it was no big deal.  Thanks for checking in on me.  I love you all and I'm grateful to be alive.  I still have a lot of grandkids who need my sage advice!  And I have to see some weddings and great-grandbabies before I go so I can tell Grandpa how wonderful you all are and how proud he would be of all you are accomplishing in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment