Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Kindness!

When I moved into this ward after grandpa passed away it didn't take me long to realize that I was among some very special members of the church.  From the beginning they have embraced me and have gone above and beyond in making sure I am okay.  It is an interesting ward because I am honestly one of the oldest members.  In spite of that they love and take care of me.  It had taken me some time to convince them that I really wouldn't need meals brought in after my knee surgery.  We settled on a compromise of one meal on Monday.  Collin and Mary Kelly showed up at the house at 5:30 last night and left me loaded with enough food and treats to last several days.  I also had a visit from my nephew TJ on Saturday with a wonderful chicken and rice casserole, a salad, and cookies.  With all this food and Aunt Amy checking on me continually I am doing really good.  I have to admit my knee is amazingly good and with the exception of the itching incisions I forget that my knee was ever injured.  The problem I have been dealing with since I got home is a great deal of nausea which isn't pretty!  Collin, who is a doctor, told me that I am having a reaction to the anesthesia and it will take about four days for that to get out of my system.  I'm on day four and hoping that he is right!  I love kind people.  I want to be that kind of person and hopefully I am making headway in becoming more aware of others and their needs.  It means everything to know others are setting such good examples for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment