Friday, May 15, 2015

A Little Love Story

In preparing some documents today I came upon a will written by a Joseph Wingate who wrote the following:
"First, stating in order to show the love which I have for my late wife Mary Green Wingate that at (couldn't read the name) in the Empire of China...I devised and bequeathed...all my property..."  When I got home I looked on google and found that she had died when she was 40 years old and that they had no children. From the size of the folders (there were four of them) he was a fairly wealthy man.  What touched my heart was the fact that in writing the codicil he started it with the above information.  And although she had died already he wanted everyone who would see this to know that he loved her dearly.
I think that is a sweet love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment