Monday, October 27, 2014

Goodbye Old Friend!

At 1:30 this morning Scott was driving me to the hospital emergency room.  I must have looked pretty pathetic because when they saw me they called for the trauma team to come to the desk immediately.  No worries.  They did an EKG and when they saw my heart was behaving admirably, half of the room emptied out and then the process of elimination began!  When the doctor pressed down where my gall bladder was we had clue #1 and off I went for an ultrasound.  Yes, gall stones are not good and infection is definitely not good.  Antibiotics started coursing through my veins.  Once that was determined the physicians assistant (I love physician assistants!) came in and did some more checking.  She noticed some serious bruising on my legs that I couldn't explain and they did some blood work.  One of the tests apparently tells you if there are blood clots.  A few hours later that test came back positive and so another round of tests were ordered. Ultra sound for the veins in my legs.  Came back clear--so back for a CAT scan on my lungs.  That came back clear.  WooHoo!!!  Back to gall bladder problems and two more doses of antibiotics, a name of a local doctor that I am to see within seven days, and if my insurance approves it--goodbye trouble maker.  If they don't approve it then we will pray for divine intervention until the mission is over and we are home! Anyway 12 hours later Scott was driving me back home.  Although the process was very painful in the beginning I have to say that the hospital staff was amazing and I continue to see the wonderful New Hampshire kindness extended us.  Scott took a wonderful picture of me looking pathetic in the hospital bed but it had disappeared when I tried to download it.  Use your imagination!

1 comment:

  1. Yuck-o gallstones are NO fun. I had to have my gallbladder out when Ava was a year old, I had three attacks before Brent took me to the ER and I would have sworn I was having a heart attack! I hope that you don't have any more attacks and that everything works out for surgery. I ended up having mine out in UT through an ER visit. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete